The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Monday, February 21, 2011

A weekend with GIRLS!!

I was so honored one day after school when I saw a text message from Erika saying that her friend was coming down for the weekend and they both wanted me to go with them on their outings. Erika's husband was out of town for work and Johanna's husband was not coming with her, so it was truly a girls weekend (Rob was out of town as well)!
We started Sunday afternoon with lunch in Alexandria with our friend Meaghan.

Then grabbed some coffee and walked the streets. We found this adorable shop just across the street in this picture that had wonderfully fun girlie things!! It truly was a blessing to me to spend this day with girls.

Then Monday came along and we found ourselves at the outlet mall in Leesburg!! Here is Erika with all our bags in the back of the truck!!

That evening we grabbed some salad at Costco and headed to Erika's to watch, of course, a girlie movie. It had started to sleet and rain outside, I knew I should go but I didn't want to....finally I did and the Lord helped me home but I didn't want the fun to end!
What a blessings these girls were to me. Here I was missing my MI girlfriends and the Lord gave me some new East Coast girlfriends to be with. He is sooooooo faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment