The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The week of the 30th year

The week started out with dinner in Tyson's Corner with my GREAT FRIEND Debie! It was WONDERFUL! She had the waitress surprise me with this piece of sponge cake with a candle, it was a sweet idea the cake- Debie and I didn't care for!!! The waitress even sang me Happy Birthday by herself in Spanish. What a lovely start to the week!

After picking up Rob on Tuesday, who was now home for the next 15 days, we went on Wednesday to pick up MARIA who was coming for a nice long weekend!
Before leaving for the airport Rob wanted to give me one of my birthday gifts. He was just SO funny.....he keep asking me, when I was drying my hair & such in the bathroom, "do you want to open one?" I thought WOW great open a gift early. Then he would say, "no wait I didn't even wrap it." Anyway, in the end he put part of the gift onthe table and said I had to guess what it was. This is what was sitting on the table...
But yup I guessed it. That is a basic for a GPS, the fact that it said Garmin on the side gave it away. (Johnny Roossinck alway talked about GPS & Garmin's when we were sailing!)
We left the airport around 9pm and needed some GOOD Baltimore seafood. I had made a list of restaurants that sounded interesting to try. We ended up at Shuckers. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! Right on the water in an old part of Baltimore, very interesting little drive to get there. Good thing Maria and I had a great driver!!
Here we are enjoying some of God's WONDERFUL sea creatures!
Oysters!




My Surprise Birthday cake from Rob! So wonderful- a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake Cold Stone style (my favorite!! Here's the best part, Rob let us eat it before dinner!!!Then it was onto the Birthday Surprise Event. Everyone in the vehicle knew what was going on except for me. Well we arrived at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA to see the Jesse Cook was in concert. (I didn't have a clue who that was but I REALLY enjoyed the show!!) THANKS ROB!
Afterwards Rob and I got a chance to meet Jesse Cook! It was a great show and an ending to a wonderful birthday, spent with some of my favorite people!!!
On Friday evening we had the chance to go to Sushi with our Sushi friends, Steve & Erika Ruga. IT was great to have Maria in on the yummys! (Too bad I didn't get a picture of us, but hey here's the food!)
And of course Maria and I did some shopping....mostly just walking around. I took her to couple malls around us. It was wonderful.
I just couldn't believe it when it was her time to go home. After a stop at Rita's on the way to the airport! We dropped her off and it was strange...was she really here, time flies so FAST!
Come again soon Sister, I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment