Our prayers, Kasey & mine, had been answered. We have been praying for a time that we could get together even since we have had to say, "see ya later!"
Let me introduce my dear friend Kasey! You see, Kasey named us "parallel friends." She was exactly right in doing so. We are that. Ever since we met events in our lives have been about the same time in happening, occasionally a few months apart but close.
You see it all started back in the fall of 2008. We were both teaching at Walker, we had the year before but did not know one another. Our Principal decided that we should be friends, so for the staff "bonding" time he put us on the same golf team. We have not stopped talking since.
That school year would be the last, for now, that we would teach together. You see I had just started dating Rob and a few weeks later Kase started dating Zach. Zach and Kasey were married the following August of 2009 and Rob and I were married January 2010.
After we both married we moved away from Grand Rapids a.k.a. our home towns and families. Kase and I started a weekly book study together, what a true blessing that has been.
So en-light of all this history this is why the opportunity to see Kase, where she lives, workout with her, and have face time was a true gift.
What a lovely welcome I was given!
I arrived in time for dinner!
On Wednesday we went to a Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, absolutely stunning!
Of course we asked about a teacher discount....the guy needed proof so we dig around in our purses......the only proof we had was a little picture one of Kase's students had drawn for her. The guy gave us our discount!!! Really, what is being a teacher if you don't get your discount????

The above butterflies look very brown from this angle but when they fly the wings on the inside are bright blue, absolutely beautiful!
Kase did a great job of holding still to catch them, I was a little jumpy, I almost smash one like a fly because I felt a tickle......
Truly a delightful time.
Kasey took me out to a delicious dinner, to be honest I didn't care about the food it was the time chatting with my friend that matter most. There were so many times during the day we just stopped and looked at each other, "Wow we are truly here, face to face!" WONDERFUL!
A yummy ice cream treat!
One of the many things I miss about being with Kase is working out. We would have SO much fun in my classroom after school with Charlene Johnson and Turbo Jam! Nothing like a killer workout after a long day teaching. I miss that SO MUCH!
It was just like old times again.
Kase, I LOVE YOU dearly! Thanks for everything!
18 Church Street
(Kase & Zach's home- how cute, Pastor Zach lives on Church Street!)
Until next time:
Here, there, or in the air!
ps. One last side note, because I think it's so funny. I graduated high school with Kasey's husband, Zach!
No comments:
Post a Comment