The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

MICHIGAN! July 1-5

I was very excited to take my trip to Michigan this year, for many reasons really but one of them being air conditioning in my car! WOW what a difference that makes while sitting in the car in July for 635 miles!
My time in MI always goes too fast, never having enough time to see everyone. But WOW was I glad for the time I had. Whether it was playing games in Mom & Dad's backyard, getting a pedicure with Maria & Mom, laying on the beach with Heather, having coffee at Maria's table, or digging holes for Evan & Lauren to be buried in I wouldn't have traded a minute of the time.
Here is just a taste of some of those moments...
Garmin and I are set to go.
First mile down, and first state!
634 miles to go and 4 states!
Truly a beautiful morning to be driving.
This is the bridge over the Potomac River, just 1 mile from our house.
AHHHHHHHHH!
One of the many opportunities I miss about living so far away is seeing all the children of my friends grow. I am very thankful I do receive pictures of these darlings but how lovely to see them in person!
Here is my friend Kambrea with her lovely daughter Audrey (I believe she is 8 months old).
My new little friend Lemuel (3 months, I believe)
Of course this is Lemuel's beautiful Momma. I would say he takes after her!
My two dear friends are WONDERFUL mothers. They are very precious to me, seeing them care for their little ones. It was a joy and a delight to be with them.
My dear friends Jason and Jacobed VanHolstyn with their little son Lemuel.
They had me over for a little ice cream treat one night. It was wonderful to see their home and catch up. I miss my dear friends.

Of course, then on Monday, July 4 we headed to Lake Michigan! Maria and I met Heather for lunch and then headed to the beach. The coolest thing happened when we arrived....I was almost hit by a black mini van, comes to find out it was my tricky cousin Eric and his family. What a delight!
Evan and Lauren hit the water, I needed to warm up a little first!
My beautiful sister!
Lovin' Lake Michigan
Just love love love this kid!
Evan, ready for ANYTHING!!

Just like always.
Some of the most delicious food always has a hint of sand.
Waiting for the fireworks, our spot was here looking across Muskegon Lake.
BEAUTIFUL!
Fireworks are starting, in 3 locations!
It truly was a wonderful trip and fun time in Michigan. I always realize when posting to this blog how I forgot so many wonderful people to take pictures of. I love you all and please don't feel neglected, then again you probably are glad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment