The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Break!

Yup....no joke.  Spring Break started out with 6 inches of snow.... and here I thought I was in VA!
Here is Rob with his new shovel, the MANPLOW!

Over Easter weekend we were going to be in Ohio for some friends wedding....we decided to make a little get away out of it.  
First stop Luray Caverns in Luray, VA  

Above is a reflection.  The bottom of the picture is water which is reflecting the top.  VERY COOL!
Rob at "Pluto's ghost"

The "Bridal Veil"
me

The next stop was The Greenbrier in White Sulfur Springs, WV
Here is our first view.
WOW!



I, personally, had no idea of the history that stands with the Greenbrier.  Guest have been coming to White Sulfur Springs since 1778 for a sulfur water spa treatment.  The Greenbrier would have also been home to Congress if we had gone to nuclear war back in the Cold War days.  Underneath the West Virginia room is a bunker, this bunker was ready for Congress at a moments notice.  Information of this "bunker" was made public in 1992 in the Washington Post, by 1995 tours started to the public.  (Of course we could not take pictures!)   
For more information...click..

Well, back the Resort building....the decorations are extravagant to stay the least.  I particularly enjoyed the lighting..



 Of course the food....here is just some (I tried not to be embarrassing!)


 And around...
 one of the ladies rooms
 The main dinning room.
 Watching the Greenbrier Waltz on night at 10pm
 Ballroom








Our time at the Greenbrier was a very relaxing time....we visited the Spa and spent time in the pool.  We wandered around and even enjoyed a movie in the theatre there....given more time and warmer weather we would love to go back and hike some of the hills around.
From the Greenbrier we went to Columbus, Ohio for a wedding....in which I took no pictures.  But it was a lovely time to see friends from long ago and family.  
We had a most delicious dinner one night celebrating Dad and Mom's Anniversary and OF COURSE the pool time! Sunday we were on the road back for school to begin again on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment