The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer time.....Michigan

In June, the Roossinck side of our family was all together in Michigan, the last time we were together had been 2 years before that!  This was extremely exciting for another reason.... EMILY, we had not seen our niece since she was 2 months old.  (Beware:  most of the pictures are of her!)

Eating.....
 PLaying....I thought this was sooo funny of her little long legs!
 chewing.....
Not sure if that is happy clap or what is going on...
 Here is the whole group of us.....I'm sure Rob had good reason for the funny face, so this is Mom, Dad, the Grands, Maria, Bryan, Meredith, and Emily!
 This was Emily face when I called her name as she sat at the restaurant in her car seat...
 Below....Great Gram is making Emily laugh!  (This reminds me of all the funny things we adults do to make a little child same or laugh.....if only we knew what they were saying.)
Another old friend from Michigan and her son Lemuel, meet Emily.
 Mom and daughter!
 After we had some family pictures done we ladies went to have a little pampered time....can you guess whose toes are whose?

2 of my favorites:  Meijer and interesting clouds
eating time....




Playing time....

Another of my MI favorites:  Lake Michigan!
As kids we would always get set for this part of the trip, the first person to see Lake Mich as we came around the corner.  Aaaaaaaa
It is again amazing how much more lovely different things are once we do not have them everyday.
 Sun glasses on the girl?
 well?
 yea, chew!
I think I would like to eat them!
Emily's first touch of Lake Michigan!
Supper time at the beach
Family picture
yup, it's us!
I heart
My, my the lovely tongue....
our suppertime at the beach!


Saying goodbye to her....

Later that evening we had a chance to go to mini-golf with our dear cousin Heather..

Too bad I have no pictures of her

Wait (hold the phone, as she would say!), that's her foot!

What a lovely trip it was back to Michigan.  
So many friends we missed in our short stay but what a love time we had.

Precious memories, how they linger,
How they ever flood my soul.

It it truly a blessing to have family members you love and cherish.  It is a beautiful gift to not want to say good bye.....

No comments:

Post a Comment