The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a project!

So it was probably 4 years ago I bought this table and chair set from a friend! I was going to use them in my classroom for an extra spot and, well, in the end that didn't happen. So anyway I decided to keep them but didn't really care for the dark wood and forest green paint. IDEA!!!! I know I can sand them and paint, that's easy enough....he he he!!! (Please remember no matter what I say I'm really enjoying this project!) So here is how it's going.....

This picture was taken some March 24, that was the start!! (above)



These pictures (above) are from April 15th....that's me the worker, I should have one of Rob, he has been a huge HELP with how to keep paint working well and sanding and well just being supportive on this little (or major) journey!!


This is what happens when you don't wear gloves!! Don't worry I take our rings off, I just put it on for dramatic effect!!



This is where I am now, as of April 19th... I think most of the chairs are done. I need to sand them all with a 220 grit, a couple have some backs I need to touch up, and that should wrap things up!! Now it's time for the table!
Oh that little kitty is Foxy, my shadow, you can see that she is VERY impressed with my abilities!
I think in total there are about 3 "Carrie coats" of paint on each chair. I started with an electric sander with a 80 grit, then used a 150 grit, painted, sanded with 150, painted, sanded with 220, and painted!!!

1 comment:

PJR said...

What great headway on the chairs!! Oh, give foxy a hug!! How cute!! So anxious to come and see ALL there!! Especially BOTH OF YOU!! Love Ya,
Mom

Post a Comment