On December 18th our dear Klassen's came into town and so the fun was beginning. I was so glad to be home and enjoy the fun with games of Apples to Apples, little shopping trips, and well just laughing the evenings away! There were hopes that Rob could make it home for one day or so here and there but things were not looking to promising....at least I didn't think so.
On Christmas Eve we look a little drive to see some lights in Purcellville that Mom had read about in the newspaper, I must admit that was GREAT FUN as we all climbed in to Mom's Lincoln! Then the plan was to come home and enjoyed some of Rob and my Christmas cheesecake from Maria, baker at Sweet Indulgence! So we did just that....!!!!!
As I was putting my fork into the first bit of cheesecake, my phone rang. Of course, Rob would know I was eating cheesecake! "Guilty," I said as I answered the phone. Now to me Rob sounded a little bit funny. That morning I had talked to him after he landed in Arizona, I was under the impression he was going to a hotel to sleep-he sounded like he needed it.
I tried to think nothing of it, I didn't want to get my hopes up that he could be coming home. When I said goodbye to him, after him asking where I was and who was all there, I reminded myself that he was working until December 31st maybe even January 16th. Before completely convincing myself I did say something about how the phone call was a little bit suspicious. So then everyone was wondering if maybe, just maybe Rob was coming home. Then I started convincing myself he was not coming, unfortunately I had gotten everyone else's hopes up in the process.
Anyway after eating cheesecake and talking about the next morning when everyone would come to our house for breakfast and we could Skype Rob for a chance to see him on Christmas Day/ Carly's Birthday, I headed home. It was about 10:30pm and I needed to make breakfast.
I called Rob as soon as I walked out the door from Mom's. I just knew something was going on.....he immediately asked me where I was and why I was leaving already. I explained about breakfast and getting that in the refrig and how everyone was tried and well I just was going home, there was no reason for me not to go. Then the truth came out.....He said, "well when did you leave?"
I told him, "right when I called you."
He answered, "well you better then pick me up when you come around this next corner."
I really couldn't believe! I was so excited I stopped Truckie in the middle of the road and jumped out to see him! (of course someone came up behind me, so moment gone =0)
Anyway we decided to go home and make breakfast to then surprise everyone Christmas morning! It worked. When everyone came over on Christmas morning it totally was to our house, because we both were home!!!!!!!!!!
A Birthday/Christmas Breakfast!
Christmas dinner!
The BIRTHDAY BEAUTY!!!
Me and my Christmas present celebrating dear Carly's birthday!!!!!
1 comment:
We are still excited for you!!! Just so thankful you could be together and the whole family too..... what a beautiful breakfast and birthday for Carly. It is such a fun story to share with so many back here!!! Almost a dream.... but thankful its' true!!! ooxx The Grands
Post a Comment