The adventures of Rob and Carrie

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The first snow FALL!!!!

So December 10th was the date and we were headed for Indiana to be guests at our friend's wedding. (This was the first wedding we went to since ours!!) As we awoke on that Friday morning and looked outside we were surprised to see SNOW!!!! It was beautiful!
But.......the forecast in the Midwest didn't sound very good, some reports were saying 12 inches on Saturday night or Sunday morning, what were we to do, should we stay or should we go???? Well we took off! Good ol' Truckie with Rob at the wheel. It took us 3 hours to get to Hagerstown, MD (less than 50 miles on our way) but from there we had great roads all the way to Shipshewana!!

Tim and Bethany VanHolstyn were married!!! Tim is a friend from Grand Rapids that I have known all my life, his parents are Dave & Becky (Bilisoly) VanHolstyn.
Again my lack of pictures leaves no evidence but it was wonderful to see so many friends there as well as others we hadn't see in awhile. We were able to spend some quality time with Maria and Dad & Mom Roossinck!! WONDERFUL!!
On Sunday afternoon when we left, I was wishing we flew. The road conditions were not very favorable. Our top speed for the first six hours were nothing over 35 mph due to the ice and snow. To sum it up Rob is an AWESOME driver and I'm a TERRIBLE rider. I studied the map so that when we go to Hawaii I will know how to get around...or...well...maybe so that I wouldn't completely drive Rob over the edge. Thank the Lord Rob is so patient with me.
We were glad to get out of the wintery mix just east of Columbus, OHIO. I wouldn't trade the time in the truck with Rob for anything, we arrived home at 3 am, 14 hours after we started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment